Wednesday, March 5, 2014

6 reasons to be excited for Batman: Arkham Knight

The Arkham games, with the exception of the slightly lacklustre and possibly unnecessary prequel Arkham Origins, have all been of the highest quality. The gameplay and story have been bang on and the evocative feel of getting to be Batman in a dark, gritty Gotham and battle against a myriad of villains has been a pure experience of adrenalin and pleasure.

Below are a few reasons why I am super excited for the next installment.

1. Batmobile



OMG! The Batmobile! Yes, we finally get to drive that bad boy all over Gotham. It is the sexiest way to hunt down the criminally insane and cause a slew of crime fighting related damage (which makes it OK). Serious fun.

2. Batman



He looks good in the trailer and, with the power of next gen gaming, is going to be even more amazing to play. I can’t wait to feel the wind zipping under the cape as I sneak attack henchmen.

3. Story



The storytelling for these games has always been strong, though that is not hard as the world of Batman has a plethora of characters and story lines to draw from. And going on story lines past, it is easy to put your trust in the fact that Rocksteady will do the last in the series justice. I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

4. The villains



Scarecrow is one of my favourite supervillains so I am glad he is making a return. He is a psychopath with science on his side and he would literally love to scare you into insanity. He is also going to be joined by the likes of Penguin, Two-Face and everyone’s favourite crazy girl, Harley Quinn. The criminals of Gotham have the best work ethic I have ever seen so I really can’t wait to see what they challenge Batman with.

5. It is the last in the series



For this reason alone I think Rocksteady will have been intent during the creation of this game to knock our socks off so I am looking forward to seeing what they have in store for us.

6. The fact that it is next gen


I don’t have a next gen console yet, and the gaming releases so far have not excited me enough to stray from my PS3 or Xbox 360 but this trailer makes me want to lay down the cold hard cash now and get the game on pre-order (so I can play as Harley) and experience what I hope will be the best in the series. Graphically, and from a gameplay point of view, it looks like it is going to make the most of all that next gen consoles have to offer.

Side note – I love how in the trailer Thomas Wayne asks Bruce to not waste money on cars and extravagant clothes, when we know that is exactly what Batman likes to spend his money on…though I don’t think that Daddy Wayne would mind that much, being that it all contributes to keeping Gotham safe.

Are you excited for Batman: Arkham Knight? I know I am.

Source : http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/05/6-reasons-to-be-excited-for-batman-arkham-knight-4426011/